HELP New Year Letter January 1, 2012
Dear HELP Therapists,
Thank you for an amazing and productive 2011 at HELP! We are so blessed to work in a profession where we see people improve their quality of life in part due to our clinical skills, care, and compassion.
We truly believe in HELP’s mission to provide the highest quality of care, while overcoming the issues of accessibility and stigma often associated with mental health services.
2011 was a fantastic year for HELP in moving forward in its expansion, providing many new opportunities and new referral sources for our Providers:
- HELP expanded to the Bay area, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties. For 2012, the goal is the expansion to Orange County, Santa Barbara, and the Desert Cities. The interest and outreach is definitely there, and we are moving forward methodically, keeping in mind our goal to give the highest quality of care to individuals, couples, and families, while maintaining our strong and unwavering commitment to our clinical and ethical standards of care.
- HELP has also expanded its therapeutic settings, to include In-Facility and In-Office. Many of our clients are now seen in facilities and/or the Provider’s office setting. The combination of home/facility/office makes us a versatile organization in our ability to give continuation of care.
- For those who practice in San Diego, an office is available in Hillcrest/downtown San Diego for your use (free of charge) on Mondays and Thursdays. You can sign-up to use the office by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- HELP continues to contract with San Diego Hospice and North County Health Services, as well as several Pain Management physicians throughout San Diego County. We have excellent relationships with our referrals.
- HELP was selected by the San Diego Union Tribune 2011 BEST poll as one of the Top 5 Eldercare Services in San Diego.
- HELP is now linked to facebook, which is a wonderful way to communicate with other Providers and friends, and to add your own links and messages. To become a “friend” just go to www.facebook.com and type in HELP-Home-based Effective Living Professionals.
- HELP‘s “new look “is in progress. If you haven’t noticed, check it out at www.helptherapist.com. HELP is climbing up the Google ladder, and with your assistance, we can become more competitive in terms of people finding our website. The more articles, research written by you, or another author (with permission) we can post on the website, those key words will increase our search capabilities. Four things you can do to help out with the website improvements: 1) A bio and photo (optional) will provide our referral sources and your clients with information on your educational background, experience, and specialties, 2) Any research or other articles can be posted on the website, 3) You and/or your clients can post a personal testimony on the website. 4) Send us any community resources or events we can add to the list on the website. Scott Johnson is our web master who posts your information on the website.
- Todd Conway (my son), has joined HELP in recruiting and marketing HELP via the internet. He lives in the Bay Area, and has been a big part of expanding there.
- HELP’s email contacts are now through helptherapist.com Contact Denise at email@example.com, Sandy at firstname.lastname@example.org, Todd at email@example.com, and Annette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please let us know if you would like your professional email through helptherapist.com. We can set that up in no time!
- If you have not ordered business cards, or need additional business cards, email your info and photo to Denise@helptherapist.com. We apologize for some recent delays, as our printer took a break over the Holidays.
Denise and Sandy deserve heartfelt thanks for their hard work, dedication, patience, and enthusiasm for HELP. Imagine the number of phone calls Denise screens daily, many of which require empathetic listening skills. These calls are always handled with amazing calmness, patience, and a sense of humor, as needed. Sandy posts all client charges in a timely and accurate manner, returns calls involving complicated claims, is “on-hold” with insurance companies forever, and stays up-to-date with all insurance changes. They are both incredible team members who make HELP possible through their hard work and adaptable temperaments.
Again, thank you and the entire HELP team for your dedication and compassion in reaching out to those who would otherwise be unable to access care. Our services are needed more than ever with the upcoming potential and real budget cuts. Thank you for all you do, and for truly making a difference in our clients’ lives. May 2012 be a healthy and successful year for you and yours. With sincere appreciation, Annette